How to Remove a Latch Pin
How to remove a latch pin
- Locate the tip of a self tapping #4 X 5/8″ point AB screw in the center of the latch pin to be removed.
- Hammer in the screw tip to start the screw digging into the center of latch pin.
- With the screw driver (tip #2 or smaller), applying pressure insert the screw into the center of the pin (4 to 5 full turns should be enough). If you go too far un-screw it enough to fit a pair of pliers between case and screw head.
- With a pair of pliers, pry down to move the screw up to start releasing the pin.
- With the pliers pull out the latch pin.